At times we find ourselves stuck in a “helpless” situation for such a long time,so hopeless are we that we get to the point of concluding it as our final destination.Its “helpless” at that particular moment because finally it dawns on us and the situation becomes “helped”. But before that breakthrough,little do we realize that all along the situation had been waiting for us to act and by our rationality as humans,transform it to a better version of it.
We are impulsive of situations in life only that at times we fail to see this;the actualization of slaveholding oneself,self limitation. From a pessimist’s view it is situational imitation but the truth of the matter is that situations are subject to transformation too.
This kind of self-slavery can be defined by;
- Past experiences on a similar situation. But remember, your future is nothing dependent on the past.
- Fear of reprehension by peers,relatives and other close acquaints. But remember you are the driver to your own destiny thus by default you define the direction to your own destination.
- Lack of self confidence in one’s self decisions. Remember,you have to believe in yourself first so that others can believe in you.
- Unreadiness to embrace change. Remember,some change is very necessary and thus healthy. Change is also inevitable at times.
- Surrounding oneself with negativity built on by those you associate yourselves with. Remember,immersing oneself in the sea of negativity will always lead to drowning in negative situations.
- Paying a deaf ear to that voice coming from inside you. Remember, always listen to your heart.
- Creating mountains out of ant moulds. A situation builds on the foundation of a petty issue. Remember,tackling a mountain is no mean feat;at times the peak is not even in view thus frustrating your climbing efforts even further.
- “Copying answers from other people’s examinations”.Remember,the questions are never the same.